What is sedation dentistry?
For our nervous or anxious patients, we offer sedation dentistry in Tyler, TX. This is the utilization of medicines, administered through an IV or pill, to relax our patients and allow us to perform simple to extensive dental procedures. Sedation allows the patient to have more dental work in a single setting, correcting years of damage in only a few hours if desired.
What types of sedation do you offer?
- We offer three types of sedation:
- Intravenous (IV) – Sedation administered through an IV by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist. IV sedation provides the patient the deepest level of relaxation available. The patient will be asleep as we monitor the patient’s vital signs during the entirety of the appointment allowing us to accomplish more dentistry in a single setting.
- Oral Sedation – A sedative in pill form. The pill allows the patient to be relaxed during the appointment without being completely sedated. Often times the patient falls asleep during the appointment due to the level of relaxation. The disadvantage with this method of sedation is that the level of sedation for each person is not predictable, and it could take some time to get the patient to a comfortable level before the procedure can begin.
- Nitrous Oxide – Also known as laughing gas, administered through a nasal mask. This is the most common form of sedation in dentistry. Nitrous oxide has been used safely for many years, and with this form of sedation, the patient should be able to drive home or resume normal activities after the procedure.
What sets you apart from other dental offices?
Being nervous or having anxiety is very common. Fear can keep our patients from seeking dental help for many years. We offer Intravenous sedation administered and monitored by a Board Certified Anesthesiologist, which allows for the most anxious of patients to be comfortable in our care. We are here to help, listen and provide what we consider to be the best dental care in the country. Smith Dental Care has been providing Sedation Dentistry in Tyler for over 20 years. Let our doctors take away your dental fear today!
What oral surgery procedures do you offer?
Our doctors are highly trained to perform many types of oral surgery. Oral surgery is a subset of dentistry that refers to minor and major dental treatment, such as tooth extractions impacted tooth extractions (including wisdom teeth), dental implants and full mouth extractions. Full mouth extractions usually occur when the teeth are too damaged to repair or restore using normal means. We offer dental implants to replace missing teeth or to anchor loose dentures. We also offer our patients oral surgeon referrals when required.
“I hear it all the time — patients are scared to go to the dentist. Either they’ve had a bad experience, they’re embarrassed about their teeth, or they simply fear going. At our practice, Smith Dental Care, we’re changing that through sedation dentistry.” —Joe Smith, D.D.S.
Smith Dental Care-Your Tyler Tx Sedation Dentists!
- Related Articles
- Sedation Dentistry – Gum surgery
- Sedation Dentistry in Tyler TX – What Will My Dentist Use as a Sedative Technique?
- Sedation Dental Tyler – Experience stress-free dentistry